Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Typical Sunday





Today was pretty uneventful, and Happy Valentines Day to those who celebrate it :)

My friends Suzy and Vincenzo ate lunch over here which Rosa made; baked pasta with baked chicken, fried potatoes.... it sounds like I eat really bad here now that I'm reading it but I don't, I SWEAR.

Then we dropped them off at the airport because they were leaving to go back to Italy.

Also went to the grocery store which is a 5 hour process and you would not believe the amount of stuff that is bought for ONE WEEK of living in this house. Rosa... basically my mama here, is an 80 year old or so Kenyan woman who only speaks Swahili (with some italian) so communication depends largely on hand gestures and smiling. I am trying to learn Swahili in addition to Spanish and Italian but it's not going very well and is EXTREMELY complicated. But anyways Rosa cooks and has to have food pouring out of the cabinets otherwise she has 'nothing' to work with.

I also got a HUGE lesson (which consisted of lots of yelling and hand gestures) on the importance of futbol to Italians as well as the rest of Europe..... by three Italians which would explain how they yelled it ;)

I also played and I am happy to say WON my first game of monopoly, which was all written in Italian and had euros instead of dollars.... It was a VERY tense game and you would not believe the uproar when I won because Francesco has been playing this (HIS FAVORITE GAME IN THE WORLD) since he was 4 or something and he ALWAYS wins....

Pictures
1. The monopoly game.... my winning pile 2. A picture of Francesco being so upset that he attempts to CHEAT.... only to be caught. 3. One of two grocery carts 4. Rosa

So that is basically a typical Sunday for me in a nutshell....
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment