Saturday, February 20, 2010

Party Like it's 1989...)


Many of you might not know but tonight is one of the biggest parties of the year in Europe. It's held at different venues all over every year and this year is BARCELONA! It is a very exclusive event which 600 people from all over the world are invited including royalty, some of the richest people in the world and celebrities. The event is called Leo's Day and basically it's just an outlandish birthday for Leo. Leo HAPPENS to bean acquaintance of mine.... so tonight I am going to this party!!! Whoo HOO! Every year there is a different theme and this year it is 1980's so it's going to be pretty awesome.

And this isn't just your run of the mill costume party. The average cost that people spend on their costumes.... 800 euros. Arielle's costume cost... 10 euros (it's amazing how many 80s things I brought with me.... seriously It's unbelievable :)).

The entire event runs around $120,000 and with sponsoring of the event it comes to about 50,000 euros OUT OF POCKET for Leo.... that is an expensive birthday party :0 So I'm hoping it's going to be out of this world.

The party is held at the W Hotel. And because Leo's event has booked 400 rooms at the W, they gave him their presidential suite for free, which is the most AMAZING hotel room I have EVER seen. I wish I was staying there :( So if anyone is interested in dropping thousands on a room, this is the place to stay :)

I'll have pictures of the event tomorrow! Very excited. Last night was the pre-party that lasted till about 6 am... it was a great time, he had a HUGE dinner, dancing, drinks, and magicians....at a club called CDLC. Food is Moroccan and Asian influence with some Indian dishes. I had Kobe steak, some excellent spicy tuna sushi rolls and a smattering of different apps, NO PICTURES :( oh and no DESSERT. It was pretty terrible, but I'll get over it.

Overall I had a great time dancing with my friends Noelia and Raoul who I met thru modeling, and I met a lot of great people last night....

I honestly couldn't believe how much people were partying knowing what was going to happen tonight, I played it smart.... unlike someone else I know who moaning and clutching their head....and still in bed at 4 pm :)



No comments:

Post a Comment