Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Leo's Day 2010









I've totally put this off for a long time. I was recovering.... JUST KIDDING Grandma :)

I really wish I could upload more pictures of the party because each of these pictures is worth way more in words then I have for them....

So timeline of the party. Basically I spent like 2 days trying to come up with my outfit... Luckily besides the tights I happened to have everything for my outfit! Which is awesome.... The best part of my outfit for me or at least the thing I was most proud of was my sweet leather glove... I happened to only pack one of those black cheap-o 'one size fits all' winter gloves from home (no clue how the happened besides Jesus was thinking ahead for me) so I spent like 30 minutes cutting it up with a scissors to make it the perfect accessory....

My hair took me roughly 1 hour to do but after using at least one can of hairspray that baby was going no where.... so after using a small army of bobby pins, doing my makeup a la Madonna I was so ready to go out and party. We got there at about 9 pm. Which if anybody knows Spanish time it was scandolously early for a party. Dinner time is between 10pm to about midnight and clubs don't get started till around 3 am.... So for the first hour there was billions of waiters running around with amazing food, little desserts and an open bar for roughly 500 people. I had a couple of model friends working as roller girls.... Hint to any person who wants to be a model... NEVER do live modeling at parties.... Worst. Job. EVER.

They had to wear spandex and those 4 wheel roller skates while they had a peacock like tail of balloons attached to their butts. The pre-party was pretty fun because you could see everyone's costumes in full light and there were some AMAZING costumes. Only 2 Star-wars themed costumes which was disappointing (one Obi Wan Kenobi and one Darth Vader, who didn't come together!) but they must have bought the original suits from the movies and they totally got into an epic light saber battle in the middle of the dance floor over a roller-girl so that made up for it.

Cool detail about the party.... They had MILLIONS of glow sticks.... one guy spent 2 hours of the party sitting in the corner crafting out of glow sticks.... Comment on this blog what drug you think he was on.... Lol.

They also had thousand of bowls of suckers everywhere.... Two HUGE projectors playing 80s music videos.... 2 DJS on this big platform, go-go dancers, a semi-famous Rapper (who I had no clue who he was, but I was singing with him for a good 20 minutes on the stage to songs I don't even know so I had a couple people ask me for an autograph because they thought because I was with the famous rapper I was famous too) And some break dancers....

I ended up going home at around 4 or 5 am because my feet were DEAD. But I know the party kept going till around 8 or 9 am.... So I was the lame-loser who ended early and apparently I gave the entire United States the rep of not knowing how to party.... so sorry America. I just can't dance-rage for 12 hours.

Pictures: 1. Pre-party picture sample of the costumes 2-4. Pictures of the party including the light shows they had, screens playing 80s music videos, sweet glow-in-the-dark pictures of 80s icons and massive amounts of people, I wish my pictures did the thing more justice. 5. Picture during the pre-party of my friends Julia (England) and Saphira (USA born in Germany) Saphira had the sweetest purple spandex pants EVER. 6. Mr. T! and yes, that man is pointing a finger gun at the man behind him... 7. Possibly the best costume of the night because this man was 4 ft tall and liked to attempt body surfing the crowd with no success and was attempting to trade his wig to women for kisses...

If you have any questions please post :)



No comments:

Post a Comment