Saturday, February 20, 2010

Okay Eats: Spanish Food. AMAZING Eats: Ice Cream


So Lunch today I went with a couple of my friends, Francesca (Not a typo), Simeone, Nadia, Pepe and Djimon Hounso and for those of you who DON'T know who that is, he is the co-star along side of Leo in the movie Blood Diamond. I totally wanted to take a picture but I was fighting between that urge and the need to be nonchalant about dining with famous people. And OKAY he's not the most famous but it was kind of super exciting in the "this is the best things that's ever happened to me and that really pathetic" kind of way.

We ate at a traditional spanish restaurant and if I was on the fence about spanish food, this really pushed me over on the side that thinks that spanish food BLOWS.

It can be good sometimes but between the sucking out of the insides of some weird looking creature, eating deep fried; eyes, hearts, brains and other things that simply shouldn't be eating, and having your lunch look at you with butter tears as you are munching on their body.... I am tapping out of the ring of spanish cuisine for a while.

I think it's the way I was brought up, but it's truly hard for me to enjoy eating a whole fish deep fried while I'm thinking "I wonder what part of that fish that gooeyness is"

However with that said, the not so unusual parts of the cuisine I do enjoy, like the rice part of my paella.

MOVING ON.... The picture of the ice cream is TRULY as good as it looks, no... BETTER. Ice cream in Europe is SO SUPERIOR to american ice cream it blows my MIND. Ferrero Rocher and Chocolate kindergarden are the two flavors that I am eating in this picture. YUM. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment