Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time and Spain

So as many of you know, Europe does that whole 24 hour time thing, and I am having the worst time with it.

I was talking with Michaela and she asked me a SIMPLE question "What time is it there?"

So I look at the clock, and what does it say? 18:07. Great, not only do I have to turn my head and look at the clock but now I have to do math (I'm joking) but seriously it's not an easy thing for me because for some reason it always seems SO much later when its 18 o'clock. or 22 o'clock.... I seem to break out in a cold sweat because it just doesn't. make. sense.... there are only 12 hours in a day....

Also there's the problem that I don't know how to say it right.
Person A "What time is it?"
Person B "It's 2" or "It's 3 o'clock"
The problem for me is it sounds dumb saying "Oh, it's 18..." or "Oh, it's 18 o'clock..."

But maybe, it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment