Thursday, August 8, 2013

Everything is HUNKy-dory.

After about 31 hours of traveling, I made it to Barcelona. It was a long day, I'll say that but on the plus side I had internet the entire 10 hours and 45 minute flight from Toronto to Istanbul which is incredible, I also had an exit row so I didn't have to worry about anyone leaning back into my space... do not underestimate how vital that is. The food (all turkish as I was flying Turkish airlines) was surprisingly yummy and they included for every seat a little 'take care of yourself' package that consisted of slippers, socks, toothbrush, toothpaste, eye mask, ear plugs & lip balm.

I could have done without the sock/slipper part because 374 people (and by people I mean mostly turkish men) taking off their shoes and socks simultaneously after a day of traveling was NOT the sensory overload this gal was looking for. Donor Kebab sweat. Ugh. 

Since arriving here, everything has been amazing yet really deja-vuey (new word, deal with it) from last year. It's a strange feeling to think that nothing has changed and know that so many things have. 

I'm lucky enough to get to workout at the W Hotel, here's what's great about it:
The view - not the TV show
SUPER nice/modern equipment - all of which I don't know how/or don't use
Champagne in the changing room - because you get drunk quicker after working out for an hour or two PLUS why WOULDN'T I want to gain back all the calories I've busted my butt over losing. 
Barcelona soccer team works out there - THE BARCELONA SOCCER TEAM WORKS OUT THERE, gotta stay hydrated with all the drool I lose. 
Spa amenities - for the post workout moans and groans

DID YOU READ?! THE MUTHER F-ING BARCELONA SOCCER TEAM WORKS OUT WITH ME. 

Well technically not with me, and not the WHOLE team but a handful of em but that's enough for me. 

I do that girly thing (or a just me thing) when we're working out at the same time where I can't stop smiling and laughing at all the witty things I WOULD say if we were to ever talk. So I look like the idiot who's enjoying their elliptical a little too much. OR the drunk who's indulged in a little too much champagne pre-workout. 

On that awkward note - I gotta go workout. 
That's all she wrote folks. 

Picture 1: All of us together and a big thanks to photographer Sara Kiesling for the photo of me. 
Picture 2: Looking out on the elliptical yesterday, even when cloudy it's still incredible. 









No comments:

Post a Comment