Sunday, August 26, 2012

Whale watching with Wells Fargo...

Whale and I
So I'm back in Barcelona, which means I'm back to actually updating this thing...

My flights for the first time were pretty uneventful. No I wasn't body searched or taken into the back room... I didn't even get upgraded to first class, MAJOR fail. However I was able to charm my way into free Internet access at the hotel I was staying at.

First world problem: Didn't even get served a meal on the flight. *le sigh*

I had a layover in Iceland for a day, absolutely fantastic. I completely want to vacation there now. Whale watching anyone?

I ended up getting a hotel room in town to sleep and take a shower. I meandered around the city a bit, talked to the local folk; learned about their heating system, volcanoes, trees, whales, eating habits, what cures ring worm and the local drama (apparently the man's wife at the coffee shop PERSONALLY saw Tom Cruise last week). I would show you pictures from my adventure HOWEVER the thingy [technical term] I used to upload all of my pictures from my camera happened to break when I hulk-smashed it into the USB port 1 minute ago. And then I thought... well who needs pictures when we can use our wonderful imaginations....
Bacon, Whales and the ability to become a
(kronas) millionaire... Iceland rocks.

So the currency in Iceland is the kronas, no idea if I'm spelling that right FYI. This is a lesson on why you always check your information... I think it's roughly 112 to 1 USD? That was my quick math skills at work, in addition to my White Bear Lake education (again check ur facts)... so when the woman who was helping me book my hotel, handed back my credit card AFTER running it through, told me that my total was $11,000... I nearly shit a brick. Because even though their currency is kronas (sp?) they SAY dollars. I will say this, spending $20,000 in one day had me feeling pretty fancy... Have you ever tasted a $800 cup of coffee?! Didn't think so, it tasted like really expensive Folgers.

The only pseudo-funny tale I can tell is that I recently opened up a travel account with Wells Fargo, and having it be so recent I was given a temporary card. Well when I was getting my hotel room, as he was handing back my card the man goes; "Is your name really Wells Fargo?" Which really makes the comment "Thank you Wells, enjoy your day." from my taxi driver make more sense...




No comments:

Post a Comment