Monday, October 25, 2010

Slow Motion


Why does slow motion make everything cooler?

I observed this as I was watching the Full length version on Kanye West's video Runaway (I didn't finish it... it was too long). And there's a scene of a grouping of deer (pack? Herd? Crew?) (*SIDE NOTE* What is a group of the animal Moose called... Meese?)

and at first I just saw them as deer THEN A FAST ACTION SHOT TO THE SWEET SPORTS CAR. WHOA! THEN CUT! to the deer. But this time they weren't just normal deer. They were slow-mo walking sexy deer. And I was like. That's BAD ASS. But why? They're just deer... but it was like the slower speed gave them this sexy and powerful appeal (Not that I think deer are SEXY but whatever. I don't need to explain myself to you)

SO Then I got thinking. WHY is everything 10000000 times cooler in slow motion. In fact it gives the most MUNDANE situations this automatic coolness.

Really. It makes a group of men walking in a straight line down the street turn from gay and awkward to epically awesome. It makes a woman getting out of a pool automatically super hot. It makes someone drinking a glass of water from ordinary to EXTRAORDINARY. Should I ever GO to a bullet being shot at someone then their really awesome friend jumping out in front of it to take it for them. It turns from impossible to Heroic. Seriously. Do people who watch these movies even realize how fast those bullets go. Like you'd really have to get a running start to make it in time. They would have enough time to just be like "He's going to shoot you!" and then the gunman would be like "A$$hole!" and then turn the gun on the person who shouted that and it would save a lot of running. Unless PLOT TWIST... the friend who was originally getting shot at and then saved ran to take a bullet for their friend who was going to save them. But that friend wasn't as good as a friend the true friend thought they were and they didn't move to take the bullet. Jerk. It probably would have been easier to follow if I gave the friends names. But then you would thought something like "WHOA! Arielle... getting a little too detailed aren't we?"

It's pointless to use the $ signs as S's for swear words because we all know (abet more fun). Same goes for any swear word/symbols.....censoring in general but that's for ANOTHER day.

In fact slow motion is a lot like drinking... where things just seem cooler/sexier except with slow motion you never have that feeling like "That wasn't as cool as I thought it was at the time" because it's ALWAYS a good idea.

Sometimes when I want to look cooler I'll just walk really slow like I'm in slow motion. I find it's a good conversation piece at parties. Also people remember you more Example: "Hey! Weren't you that retard who walked in the room slowly... what are you ON?" And then you just fade into the background.....

No comments:

Post a Comment