Thursday, September 30, 2010

Galatasaray!!!



My first futbol game as well as VIP seats...

It was amazing.

Funny things:
1. We were sitting with all the futbol player's wives. Somehow the paparazzi thought we were famous too. I've never had so many pictures taken of me for no reason. We got on the TV a couple of times and were even in the newspaper the next day. Silly people don't even realize how unimportant we are.
2. They make you turn in ALL your change while walking through the gates. They have this huge plastic box that you need to dump it all in... apparently there was a problem with fans pelting the players with change when they didn't like how they were playing. However buying something at the concession stand they asked me if I had change instead of a bill to pay for my treats. I narrowed my eyes at them while I debated if it was a test or not to see if I really did obey the rules.
3. It was INCREDIBLY LOUD. The fans were SO into it. Which of course made it so much more fun to yell and scream for no apparent reason. They also lit fires in the stands. I found it intriguing how I couldn't bring in a 25 cent piece but others were allowed flares. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment