Thursday, January 5, 2012

Brook Benton - I Keep Thinking to Myself Lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3vMA_t1TzM

This is a great song. I wrote down the lyrics as I couldn't find them anywhere.


Brook Benton - I Keep Thinking To Myself Lyrics

I keep thinking to myself,
Thinking what will I have left if you don't come home.
If I though that it would help I would tell you how I felt,
Or try to telephone.

'Cause the winters coming soon,
It's getting chilly in this room,
Girl I miss you.
I miss the warmth you used to give,
And I need that warmth to live,
Girl I need you.

And I'll keep thinking what I'll do,
Doing nothing without you like I've always done.
Since the time I realized you knew about my other lives,
Though it was all in fun.

Now I'd accept you as you are,
For me that's going pretty far,
Against the rules.

That says a wife can never fall,
Or even feel something at all,
Without them fools.

And I keep thinking to myself,
We could have had somthing left,
If I had only seen you.

Well girl I've had my moments too,
And I've been foolish just like you,
Yes, I've lost my head.

But I gave you no side arm,
I built me up and let you fall,
And now you're gone.

We can't back up and start again,
'Cause I'm locked out and you're locked in,
And we're both alone.

No we can't backup and start again,
'Cause I'm locked out and you're locked in,
And we're both alone [Repeat x2].

2 comments:

  1. If you like this song my brother call it a great song me and you are on the same page. It brings out something in side of me some thing so mysterious these kind of songs were sung from deep within the heart and are the only hope for the shuttered love life in our era these songs are our reminder of the true love that happened in the past now a days love is only faked, people love for money and other mirages of this world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my dear sister didn't check profile picture and failed to recognize you are a female

    ReplyDelete