Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Osama: Because everyone is doing it.

Now I'm going to write what I think about this.

Sometimes I get really disappointed by people. The death of Osama was one of them... And please comment back because I would really like to hear what people think about this.

If I was to claim a political party it would probably be republican, though I try my absolute hardest to be objective when reading something and no I am not always perfect. But I try.

So yes I did vote for McCain. I didn't think President Bush was the greatest president but I also don't think he's an evil mastermind that blew up the twin towers to go to war for oil.

So when I say that I'm really disappointed by the celebration that's going on after Osama's death that's where I'm coming from. Yes he did do what I would consider evil in his life but when I'm flipping through the channels to see 20-somethings chanting "USA" over and over again like some sort of frat party on ground-zero.... I really think some people are missing the point. The death of Osama was a symbol for some. It might have been a relief for some but I think we need to keep in mind that just because we see ourselves as the good guys doesn't justify that it's okay for us to celebrate death over a man and criticize the other side for doing the same thing....

I agreed with President Obama with his quote "Justice has been done." Because it has... I think it's time to move on.

In other news I have a new favorite drink: the Bin Laden. It's 2 shots followed by a splash of water.... tastes like that joke was too soon.... HEY-O

That last sentence was me trying to lighten the mood after a political post... uncomfortable..

No comments:

Post a Comment