Monday, July 26, 2010

Cars

So I think I've mentioned before that people are crazy drivers. That is the world's biggest understatement.

Two days ago we hit a woman with our van.

It was slightly funny so I apologize for laughing out loud. I mean she didn't die... she wasn't even that hurt.

But then Karma paid me back...

Yesterday I got hit by a car. Yes... it finally happened. After BCN I was pretty positive my luck was running out. I mean I'm totally fine (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa... it's okay).

So they have crosswalks here... but nobody pays attention to them, and I'm totally a stop, look both ways then cross the street kind of gal but things just went wrong.
I have a roommate who always shouts out "RESPECT THE ZEBRA" when cars zoom past us... They call cross walks "Zebra"... I don't really feel like I need to explain that one.

Anyways it was a taxi and they slammed on their breaks and barely tapped me but it was still bogus. I decided to learn some choice Turkish words after this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment