Sunday, June 6, 2010

Some Thoughts.

I haven’t figured out the lyra yet. I’m having instant coffee in a mug with some of the worst carrot cake I have ever had in my life. At the airport. It was 14.50 Lyra. The exchange rate of euro to lyra is 1 euro is 1.92 lyra. So nearly half. But I have dollars which means that for every 1.42 dollars that is 1 euro.

I can’t figure out if I’m getting scammed because I hear that the euro is falling. I like to use the phrase “the euro is falling”. It makes me feel like I’m one of those financial investors that go on dateline or something. Economically savvy.

Either way this coffee sucks and that’s all that I have to say .

I’m bummed out about this carrot cake because I actually really love carrot cake especially when the cream cheese frosting is really good. The woman behind the register sounded so excited about it. I was looking at loafs. A loaf of grape bread to be exact. And I looked unconvinced so she throws in a “We have a CARROT CAKE!” line.

And I was like AWESOME! YES! I’ll have a CARROT CAKE!

I felt like Jesus said “Eat carrot cake Arielle” So I did.

And it comes out beautifully too. Cute little frosted carrot on the top. Glaze over the top…

As I was spitting it out, I pondered: Why do we ask advice from the people working at a place? Does working at Denny’s really mean that the waitress knows more about food and what I’ll like? They DON’T KNOW. Half the time they recommend things because they remember people ordering it a lot.

The other day for example, I was at a restaurant and a guy says to me. “That’s my favorite salad”

And I was about to order it and I realized…. This man is recommending salad. Who the hell recommends a salad!? I mean really. Lettuce. Lettuce is satisfying? It’s your favorite?!

And you know what. I trusted him, because he had these words to say over a salad. It must be one hell of a salad.

Guess what?

It wasn’t.

It tasted like a salad.


On a Side Note: When you google "boring salad" under images almost 1.5 million results pop up. I find that funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment