Friday, May 28, 2010

Turkish is not like English


I am trying to adjust to the fact that not many people speak english here. I like being out of my comfort zone though....

I think it's because it seems to be the really self contained country. All the music is in Turkish, magazines, movies, celebrities, they don't even import a lot of items.

Except McDonalds, Burger King, Sabarro, Dominoes... I saw 8 Burger King's on the way from the airport to my house and I see a lot of McDonald delivery scooters. YES they deliver her :)

Turkish is extremely difficult. I can't listen to it, it doesn't even sound like they are speaking.

On the way here a guy sitting next to me taught me some turkish words.

Actually, funny story. I didn't realize how much spanish I knew or spoke throughout the day until I came here. I was trying to get a visa and I was talking in Spanish the whole time to the guy... until I realized my mistake. It was actually kind of cool. I keep replying to things in spanish too...

Turkish Lesson 101
Hello - marhaba
How are you - nasilsin
Fine - iyiyim
I want a big mac - i istemek bir yağmurluk büyük

No comments:

Post a Comment